What is AG Glass?
AG glass, is known as anti-glare glass, which is made by a special chemical process, can make the original glass reflective surface into a matte diffuse reflective surface to prevent glare.
In addition, to reduce the reflectivity of the display, reduce light and shadow, so that the image is more clear and bright, more saturated colors, so as to significantly improve the display effect, has been widely used in all kinds of daily electronic equipment covers, car glass and other above.
AG glass is divided into two kinds:
Physical Spraying AG Method Chemical Etched AG Method
Spraying AG is through the gun or disc atomizer, with the help of pressure or centrifugal force, sub-micron silica and other particles evenly coated on the surface of the glass, after heating and curing process, the formation of a layer of particles on the surface of the glass, the diffuse reflection of light to achieve the anti-glare effect.
The spraying AG advantages
1. The AG anti-glare liquid is directly sprayed on the glass surface to form a film, the liquid does not need any pretreatment, the surface of the workpiece only needs to do degreasing and dust-free cleaning treatment.
2. Surface hardness can reach 6H~9H.
3. The production yield can be controlled above 95% basically.
4. AG film layer defective products can be heavy industry, the glass can be put back into processing.
5. The mechanized standard operation, batch stability, high yield rate, low labor cost.
Chemical Etched AG
Chemical etched AG is the use of chemical reactions to turn the glass surface from a smooth surface into a micron-level particle surface. The process principle is more complex, is the ionization balance, chemical reactions and dissolution, and recrystallization, ion replacement and other reactions together, AG effect and particle size and shape by the composition and concentration of the reactant size, reaction time, temperature, and other factors, the production is difficult, high technical content.
Chemically Etched AG advantages
1. The etched AG layer exists for a long time and there is no problem with shedding.
2. Etched AG glass can be processed by any cold processing, such as grinding and cutting, tempering, and other processing, the AG effect will not change.
3. Good weather resistance, especially for outdoor applications, will not reduce the AG effect due to wind and sun.
4. The AG layer does not contain volatile substances.
5. Not only can be applied to medium and large-size products, but the advantages are also more obvious in small and micro-size products.
Chemical etching AG glass commonly used production methods are the Immersion method and Spraying method.
The immersion method is the traditional method of AG glass production, the method is further divided into:
Vertical Immersion Method
The use of underground digging pools or above-ground PVC pools, with aerial cranes for operation, an operating surface of at least not less than seven pools, each pool into the water, pickling solution, sand masking solution, polishing solution, etc. After pretreatments such as water washing and acid washing, the glass enters the sandblasting pool for sandblasting and etching treatment, and the glass after sandblasting is made into AG glass after the water washing and polishing thinning process.
Manual Horizontal Immersion Method
The glass is placed on a table on the ground with a height of about 400-500mm, and then placed on a special shelf and fixed after the glass is cleaned by acid washing. two workers carry the shelf and let the glass enter the sandblasting liquid with an inclination angle of 15-20 degrees, shake for a while, and then stand still, and then lift it up to clean it with water.
Automatic Line Horizontal Immersion Method
The glass is cleaned by pretreatment and transported to the drive belt, which is about 10mm deep in the etching solution, the glass is immersed in the potion and pulled by the drive belt, and after the reaction time is up, the potion on the glass surface is washed off with water and the polishing and the thinning process is carried out directly.
The drenching method is to drench the masking solution onto the glass surface through certain equipment, specifically classified as follows.
The horizontal automatic line coating method
Curtain-type drenching is used, and only one curtain is needed for the sanding section. The glass is cleaned through the pretreatment and passed through the curtain quickly, and the speed returns to normal after the glass passes through the curtain. After a certain time of reaction of the chemical water, the chemical water is recovered. After cleaning, the glass enters the polishing section for the polishing and thinning process, and the polishing section and the sanding section are linked in a horizontal polishing process.
Inclined automatic line drenching method
This method is also a popular method of AG glass production, the most important feature is that the whole line of the sand masking section is not horizontal, but with a certain angle, generally at 5~15 degrees.